Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D Candidate, Communication, University of California-San Diego
- MA in English Literature, Boston College, 2007
- BA with honors in English Literature and Spanish, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2003
- Cultural Memory
- Popular Culture
- Youth Cultures in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region)
- Archive Studies
- Cultural Geography
- War and Subjectivity
- Ethnographic Methods
- Excellent Teaching Assistant (Department of Communication, UCSD 2009)
- Dean of Social Sciences Travel Grant (UCSD 2009)
- Donald J. White Teaching Excellence Award (Boston College 2007)
- Media Stereotypes, Department of Communication, UCSD (Summer 2012 and Summer 2013)
- Introduction to Communication, Department of Communication, UCSD (Summer 2011)
- First-Year Writing Seminar, Department of English, Boston College (2006-2007)
- Popular Music, Social Practices, and Cultural Politics, Department of Communication, UCSD, with Professor Michael Hanson (2011).
- Communication as a Social Force, Department of Communication, UCSD, with Professor Ariana Hernandez-Reguant (2010) and Professor Gary Fields (2009).
- Language, Communication, and Gender, Department of Communication, UCSD, Professor Michele Goldwasser (2009).
- Introduction to Media Methods, Department of Communication, UCSD, with Professor Zeinabu Davis (2009).
- Introduction to Communication, Department of Communication, UCSD, with Professor Boatema Boateng (2010), Professor Nitin Govil (2008) and Professor David Serlin (2007)
- American Television in the 1970’s, Department of Communication, UCSD, with Professor David Serlin (2007)
- Invited Lecture: “Alternative Media Publics and the ‘Arab Spring’” Introduction to Communication. University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, May 2011. Instructor: Dr. Nitin Govil.
- “Soundscapes in Beirut: The Production of Affective Spaces” Ninth Annual Cultural Studies Association Conference. Columbia College, Chicago, IL, March 2011.
- Invited Talk: “Contemporary Lebanese Youth Cultural Practice.” MA in Globalisation and Integration course at Syddansk Universitet, Odense, Denmark, August 2010. Instructor: Dr. Kirstine Sinclair.
- “Dedication and Delusion: An Ecocritical Look at the Work of Timothy Treadwell and Mark Bittner” Confluence: Literature, Art, Criticism, Science, Activism, Politics. Association for the Study of Literature and Environment Annual Conference. Wofford College, June 2007.
- “The Candid Uncanny: Toward a Productive Mourning in the Work of Kara Walker” Beyond Revolution or Behind It?: The Politics and Practice of Contemporary Feminism Across Academic and Activist Communities. Graduate Consortium of Women’s Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, March 2007.
- “Queering the Body” panel for The Body. English Department Fall Colloquium. Boston College, November 2006